The Senior Advisor role is central to the success of the firm. Senior Advisors bring advanced knowledge of some of the content areas that our clients face: business, legal, tax, estate planning, group dynamics, family dynamics, project management, and conflict resolution, to name a few. They are able to help our clients reach productive solutions individually and as a group. Our Senior Advisors thrive working in teams, are intellectually sharp and emotionally connected.
Our business is a senior, eye-to-eye model. Our clients are the owners of the world’s leading family-owned or controlled businesses. Our Senior Advisors are deeply engaged with our clients, helping them successfully transition their assets and legacy across generations.
As a Senior Advisor, you will lead workstreams across multiple clients and be responsible for holding our client team together. You will be the day-to-day manager of the client engagement, working with partners and other team members to recommend custom solutions for our clients that will enable their family business to transition and thrive.
Location: United States
Reports To: People Committee and Managing Partner on assigned client projects
Days and Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week, flexible.
Compensation: Position is exempt and commensurate with experience; excellent benefits
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build trusted relationships with clients
- Lead workstreams in client engagements
- Manage projects to ensure they are on-time, on-scope, and on-budget
- Deliver client presentations, facilitate client meetings, and help clients implement recommendations
- Structure, perform and oversee quantitative and qualitative analysis on core family, business, and ownership issues for clients
- Provide support and direction to project team
- Write high-impact proposals, assessment reports, presentations, and plans
- Generate creative, action-oriented insights and recommendations
- Contribute to Banyan’s knowledge capture and dissemination
- Take on significant internal roles to build and support key firm activities (e.g., business development, research projects, recruiting)
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
Our work is interesting, challenging, and rewarding and also confidential and sensitive. Senior Advisors are in contact with family members who are often senior executives in the client family-owned and -controlled companies. Senior Advisors also interact with top non-family executives in the client companies.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Graduate degree from a leading institution (e.g. MBA, MPP, PhD, JD, etc.)
- At least five years of consulting experience with a leading professional services firm, including process and project management
- Prior working knowledge of family business practice; a track record of high achievement in academic and professional environments
- Superior organization and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently and to arrange schedules and priorities to meet deadlines
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills with a strong financial acumen; demonstrated ability to effectively use data of different types to drive insights
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong presentation skills; expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build client relationships
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, showing initiative and flexibility to accommodate changes
- Ability to generate leads and approach prospective clients
- High level of emotional intelligence, including self-awareness, ability to manage conflict, and ability to empathize but stay neutral in client relationships
- Ability to show discretion in dealing with sensitive information
- Solid professional values with a mature, professional, and polished demeanor
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. He or she may be requested to follow other instructions and to perform other duties requested by his or her supervisor, related to the work of the office.